Chest Tube Mannequin
This manikin is designed specifically to teach the theory, anatomy, and skills needed to manage pre-hospital chest trauma, as well as ongoing chest tube maintenance. The right side of the manikin has two cut-away viewing areas to provide awareness of the anatomical relationships between the skin surface, musculature, ribs, and lungs. The left side has a pressurized tension pneumothorax site to relieve air that has accumulated within the pleural space and is restricting lung inflation. There is also a site where chest tubes may be surgically placed to treat pleural effusion by draining fluids from the pleural space. The fluid color, volume, and viscosity is controlled by the instructor. The Life/form® Chest Tube Manikin is perfect for teaching the concepts and mechanics of closed water-seal drainage systems like “Pleur-Evac” type units. Manikin comes with two visual sites for chest tube maintenance, five replaceable surgical chest tube sites, five replaceable pneumothorax chest pads, and hard carry case.
- Chest tube insertion
- Needle Decompression of right or left tension pneumothorax
- Needle decompression replacement tissue sets located in 2nd intercostal space at mid clavicular line
- Successful needle insertion will release air with the familiar “hiss” sound
Durable replacement tissue which will facilitate up to 30+ needle incisions
Manufacturer: Life/form (Nasco)
Designed for needle or surgical cricothyrotomy. Landmarks include thyroid cartilage, cricoid cartilage, and cricoid membrane. Inflation of simulated lung verifies correct placement. Adult and 3-year-old tracheas and soft carry bag included. With four overlay skins. Dimensions: 12" x 8-1/2" x 9-1/2". Three-year warranty.
- Surgical Cricothyrotomy
Knot Tying Kit
A comprehensive trainer for teaching all surgical knot tying techniques
- One-handed reef knot technique
- Instrument tie
- Surgeon’s knot
- Slip knot
- Tying in a small opening
- Tying at depth vertically in a large opening
- Tying at depth, at an angle, in a large opening
Skin Pad Jig MK 3
Manufacturer: Limbs & Things
An advanced 3 layer skin pad for demonstrating and practicing a variety of incisions and a wide range of suturing techniques. Black skin tone and small pads are also available.
- Incisions: linear, ellipse, flaps, shaped
- Subcuticular undermining
- Simple and advanced interrupted suturing
- Subcuticular suturing
- Continuous suturing
- Use of adhesive strips
TraumaChild is designed to help medical professionals with advanced pediatric trauma surgical skill training. Our high-fidelity soft tissue simulator was created in the likeness of TraumaMan®, the world's most widely used surgical simulator
- Anatomically correct five year old body form with articulating head
- Replaceable tissues bleed when cut, enhancing realism and obscuring student's vision
- Airway system powered by internal ventilator; providing an airway response to the trachea, lungs & thoracic cavity
- Anatomically and tactilely correct tissues are easy to replace and offer each student a first cut experience
- Designed with the course coordinator in mind with simplified cleaning and maintenance of replaceable parts
TraumaMan is an extendable surgical platform that allows instructors and students to explore a wide variety of procedures under realistic settings as well as to build communication and trauma team experience. Use TraumaMan alone; or add one of numerous extensions to bring your simulation to the next level.
- Anatomically correct surgical simulator with all the pertinent landmarks for each procedure
- The realistic body form skin and replaceable tissues
- Realistic, bleeding tissues add to suspension of disbelief, enhancing the simulation
- Student gets the same learning points with more repetition than is possible with animals or cadavers
- TraumaMan is the most flexible training platform available for advanced trauma training - it can be combined with high fidelity simulators to run scenarios in team training situations.
TruCorp® has designed the Truman Trauma System for teaching medical professionals the necessary skills for dealing with a range of life threatening trauma situations. Techniques which can be practised on the TruMan Trauma include; chest tube insertion, needle decompression, CPR, airway management, needle and surgical cricothyroidotomy and percutaneous tracheostomy.
The Truman Trauma System provides an anatomically correct simulated human torso together with the renowned AirSim® head for training the full range of airway management and resuscitation skills.
The Truman Trauma System features replaceable tissues which help provide each trainee a lifelike and unique surgical experience.